We are always making pasta for a quick tea. It’s filling, tasty and usually suits everyone’s needs. But that doesn’t mean you should just stick to Spaghetti Bolognese every time you make pasta. Be more adventurous with a beautiful smoky tomato & seafood sauce, which will wow your guests and family every time!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1½ tsp fennel seeds
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 400g pack frozen mixed cooked seafood, defrosted
- small bunch parsley or basil, chopped
How to make!
- Boil the kettle and heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add all the garlic, fennel seeds and chilli, and let it sizzle for a few minutes. Pour the boiling water into a pan and cook the pasta following the pack instructions.
- Add paprika, tomatoes, sugar and seasoning to the pan and simmer for 8-10 mins while the pasta cooks.
- 1 minute before the end of the cooking time drain the pasta and reserve a cup of the water. Add the pasta to the sauce with the seafood. Simmer for 1-2 mins, adding a splash of the pasta water you reserved if it looks too thick. Toss the pasta through the sauce as it cooks. Add the herbs and black pepper, then serve.