Valentine’s day is coming up fast, in fact it is tomorrow. And if you have left it too late to surprise your partner then we think we can help you out. Nothing goes down a treat like chocolate, which is why heart shaped chocolate strawberries would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. Making them yourself topples any supermarket treats. It’s more personal and it will be a lot fresher!
This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, making this a great little treat that can wow your partner without breaking the bank. Which is quite rare as far as Valentine’s Day goes.
- Chocolate (we used milk and white but it’s up to preference)
- Chocolate spread
You will also need toothpicks to hold the strawberries together.
How To Make!
- After washing and drying the strawberries, remove the leaves.
- Next cut the strawberries in half, and slice a little V at the top. Turn the strawberries cut side down and insert a toothpick to hold them together. Then turn them right side up again and fill that little V cut with some chocolate spread.
- Melt the chocolate by breaking it up, placing it in a heat proof bowl and placing the bowl into hot (but not boiling) water or microwaving it until melted. Keep stirring until all lumps are melted and you have a smooth consistency.
- Dry the cut side well with a paper towel and slather it with some melted chocolate.
- When that layer of chocolate has hardened, you can remove the toothpick. The hardened chocolate will hold the two halves together.
- Lay wax paper under a cooling rack and turn the strawberries over. Pour a spoonful of chocolate over the strawberries, pushing around the edges to get good coverage.
- After the chocolate is hardened you can then decorate the hearts. We used melted white chocolate and drizzled it on top of the hearts and let them cool for a couple of hours so that the chocolate could harden.