When people think of salad, healthy is always the first thing to come to mind. However, another one that usually springs to mind is boring. Well it doesn’t have to be, especially with this delicious chicken, pomegranate and spinach salad. Very healthy yet far from boring, it truly is the best of both worlds.
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 6oz baby spinach
- 4 chicken breasts
- Handful of pomegranate arils
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and generously coat the chicken on both sides. Leave it in the fridge for a minimum of two hours, but longer if you can.
- Place a ridged grill pan on medium-high heat and grill the chicken for about 5 minutes per side, turning once, until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, combine the spinach, pomegranate arils, red onion and avocado in a big salad bowl.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a chopping board, slice and mix in with the salad.
- In a separate bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, raw honey, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper and drizzle over the salad